Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
Photo of Philadelphia skyline

Lead-Painted Doll Furniture

In cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Effanbee Doll Company of East Brunswick, New Jersey is recalling its miniature rocking chairs, because the chairs are painted with leaded paint.

Lead-Paint is very dangerous to children if ingested or inhaled, and is known to cause permanent brain damage in children. Lead-Paint poisoning in children can cause learning disabilities, lowered IQ, mental retardation, and, at higher levels, coma and even death. Please see our informational piece on Lead-Paint poisoning for further information about the effects of lead on children.

The miniature rocking chairs were sold in doll, gift, collectable, and specialty toy stores nationwide as a part of the "Wee Patsy Travel Set". They were available through J.C. Penney catalogs and through the Effanbee Collector's Society as the "Wee Patsy Travel Set", as well.

The rocking chairs are wooden, with each side of the chair shaped into the profile of a cat. They are painted white, with each side of the chair painted as a cat. IF YOU HAVE THIS CHAIR, TAKE IT FROM YOUR CHILDREN IMMEDIATELY AND STORE IT IN A SAFE PLACE AWAY FROM CHILDREN. DO NOT DISCARD IT, HOWEVER. The company is accepting returns of the rocking chair.

Children exposed to sources of lead, such as leaded paint, may require blood testing to determine whether lead poisoning has occurred.

If you purchased this miniature furniture, we would be pleased to hear from you. Silverman & Fodera helps people who have purchased products that are potentially dangerous or defective. We also help people who have purchased products that have been found to have lies or misrepresentations on their labels or advertising. We also help people who have been the victims of consumer fraud and misleading claims about products and services. If you wish to initiate a legal investigation into the possibility of:

This informational piece was prepared by Silverman & Fodera. If you would like more information on this topic, call us at (800) 220-LAW1, or use the "Do I Have A Case?" link on this web site.